Helpful Resources

This section will include 2 parts. Part One will include Medical Health information about British Columbia’s Healthy Child Initiative which includes health care coverage options, dental and optical information. Part 2 will include Mental Health information.


How to see if you qualify for MSP: Click here.

How to obtain a CareCard: Click here.


Langley Youth Wellness Centre

What is it? Free confidential information and education around health and sexuality
Who: Youth 21 and under in Langley

Where: Langley Public Health Unit, 20389 Fraser Highway, Langley, B.C.

Website: Click here.

Phone: 604-539-2900


Dental and Optical

Healthy Kids Program 

What is it? Children of low income families receiving support for basic dental care and prescription eyewear. Eligible for $1,400 of dental care every two years, and prescription eye glasses once a year.

Who: If your family receives MSP and the child is under 19 years old. Must present carecard or BC services card, and confirm coverage prior to the appointment.

Website: Click here.

Phone: 1-866-866-0800


UBC Dentistry Children’s Dental Program
What is it? Offers free basic dental and maintenance care to low income school aged children in the lower mainland.

When: During the school year, at either UBC Dental Clinic or a satellite dental clinic at Douglas College in New Westminster.

Where: UBC Dental Clinic – Nobel BioCare Oral Health Centre, 2151 Westbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC. Phone: 604-822-2112

Douglas College Clinic – Be referred through local public health unit by calling this number: 604-539-2900

Website: Click here.

*Also offers reduced fee dental care for patients who don’t meet the school age requirement.


Pacific Oral Health Society

What is it? Offers dental care at a reduced fee for those who can prove they are on income assistance in the Fraser Valley.

When: Open Monday to Sunday, appointment required.

Where: Suite 300 – 15850 24 Avenue Surrey BC V3Z 0G1

Website: Click here.

Phone: 604-536-2700




Mental Health – Emergency

Fraser Health Crisis Line 

604-951-8855 or toll-free 1-877-820-7444

What is it? Trained volunteers provide toll-free telephone support and crisis intervention counselling, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also call for information on local services or if you just need someone to talk to. Learn more about the Fraser Health Crisis Line.


Culturally Sensitive Crisis Line for Aboriginal peoples             

1-800-KUU-US17 (588 8717)

What is it? KUU-US Crisis Response Services provides culturally sensitive support and counselling to Aboriginal peoples 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Learn more at


Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Service                                              

604-660-9382 or toll-free 1-800-663-1441

What is it? Available to anyone needing help with any kind of substance abuse issues, 24/7. Provides information and referral to education, prevention and treatment services, and regulatory agencies.


Mental Health- Non Emergency

Langley Mental Health Center

What they do?  Provide a wide variety of supports for people who experience mental illnesses. Services include community support and short-term assessment and treatment for adults, community residential programs, geriatric programs, crisis intervention, day and outpatient programs, concurrent disorders services, group therapy, peer support, and after-hours mental health support

Address: #305 – 20300 Fraser Highway Langley, B.C. V3A 4E6

Tel: 604-514-7940

Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am- 4:30pm


The F.O.R.C.E. Society for Kid’s Mental Health

What do they do? Support, educate and empower families and young people who experience mental health, while working collaboratively with professionals and systems to meet their needs.

Website: Click here.

BC FRIENDS Parent Program: developed for parents by parents and is a partnership between The FORCE Society for Kids’ Mental Health (The FORCE) and the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD).

  • The Child-Youth website  (active link) is for parents of children and youth aged 9 to 13, and contains new parent information, a parent blog and discussion group where parents can connect with other parents and share skills and resources that are helping their children who are feeling anxious.

For more information about the BC FRIENDS Parent Program, and/or your child is taking the program at school, click here.

Parent & Youth in Residence (PiR & YiR) : These are mentorship programs to act as a navigator and support for families where their child(s) is in residence with mental illness. These  program also promotes the sharing of mental health information to families and youth to promote prevention and early intervention of mental health challenges.

To learn more about YiR click here. 

Contact the local Langley PiR or YiR representative Tammy Music


Stepping Stone Community Services Society

What do they do? Provides psychosocial rehabilitation programs for adults living in Langley who are recovering from a mental illness. a Clubhouse Program, Therapeutic Volunteer Program, Supported Independent Living Program, Community Living Support, Employment Program, Homeless Outreach Program and a range of housing services .

Tel: 604-530-5033

Fax: 604-530-3811


More Resources:


Counselling & Mental Health Services at Your Child’s SD35 School

What they do? School Counsellors work with students, their families and their community at school to promote personal and socio-emotional learning through one-on-one services to foster growth, goal creating with the child and making community referrals when appropriate.

Please click here for further information. Or contact your Langley School for more Information.

Douglas Park Community School

5409 - 206 Street, Langley
BC, V3A 2C5
Phone: 604-533-4491
Fax: 604-533-7803